A holistic approach to child development seeks to simultaneously address the physical, emotional, relational, intellectual, and spiritual aspects of a child’s life. Our Child Development programs incorporate a variety of approaches to help educate and grow children into healthy, sustainable adults ready and eager to serve the Lord.
We enable children to develop in five major categories:
- Physical Development — Children need nutritional support as well as hygiene training to ensure healthy development.
- Emotional Development — As a result of the HIV/AIDS pandemic, war, famine, poverty, and natural disasters, many children live with the scars of emotional trauma. Finding them a local church family and a loving, caring sponsor helps them to heal and grow.
- Relational Development — Learning to work and play together, while discovering the wisdom and strength of committed sponsors and local leaders, helps children build strong and lasting relationships to serve God and value humanity.
- Intellectual Development — Gaining an education develops minds and provides opportunities for employment that will benefit the children throughout their lives.
- Spiritual Development — Our primary goal is to help children gain a genuine experience of salvation through Jesus Christ, helping them grow and mature into faithful disciples.
NCM’s Child Development program also recognizes the importance of the family in the life of the child.
The best child development imaginable happens when children grow in the context of a loving, healthy and empowered family.
Parents’ participation in the development of children is very important. The program does not diminish the crucial role of parents in their responsibilities to their children, but rather assists and encourages parents in bringing up their children. NCM Child Development program strongly encourages parent participation in all aspects of the development of their children.