Across six continents, Nazarene churches are already partnering with NCM to respond to the global COVID-19 pandemic in love.
So far, COVID-19 response ministries include:
- Food and hygiene distributions for those who are high-risk, isolated, or low-income
- Mental health and social care
- Spiritual support and guidance
- Extra financial support for low-income individuals and families
- Prevention awareness programs to mitigate the spread of the virus
- Support for children who normally attend child development centers
In addition, NCM has so far established the following:
- COVID-19 Community Response Program to support church-led projects
- This includes the distribution of food and other vital resources to vulnerable and isolated people
- Download guidelines on how to safely engage in distribution projects in your community in English, Spanish, French, or Portuguese
- COVID-19 Direct Assistance Program to support income replacement for vulnerable people
- COVID-19 Child and Family Assistance Program to support food distribution to families associated with Child Development Centers and beyond
The Church of the Nazarene is truly a global church and is uniquely positioned to share resources and strategies as well as amplifying existing projects. Compassionate response can be mobilized through child development centers in 38 countries, WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene) projects at 310 churches in 15 countries, more than 1,400 people trained to respond to disasters, and more.